Sep 22, 2015
From the Audit Committee Institute
For many boards and audit committees today, helping to ensure that the company is headed in the right direction and taking appropriate risks is requiring deeper engagement. The business and risk environment has become more complex and faster paced.
In this edition of Global Boardroom Insights, seasoned directors and risk professionals from the around the world share their thoughts on how boards are strengthening their oversight of risk—particularly in the context of strategy.
Key insights include:
- Good risk management is an ongoing business discussion—dynamic and enterprise-wide.
- Risk and strategy go hand in hand.
- Getting the risk culture right starts at the top, but succeeds (or fails) in the middle.
- Recognize that cyber security is a critical business risk, requiring the full board’s attention.
- Step back and assess whether risk oversight roles and responsibilities are clear and still make sense.