Feb 28, 2013
From the Advisory Institute
The Power of Procurement reports on a global procurement benchmarking survey, carried out in association with CPO Agenda, which surveyed 585 procurement leaders around the world.
Findings indicate that although most procurement functions have made significant progress in terms of creating value for their organizations, momentum has stagnated in recent years.
Much of the "low hanging fruit" in terms of cost savings, leverage and price has now been harvested. Procurement functions need to take on a more strategic role and stretch themselves to identify new opportunities.
Survey themes include:
- Taking on a more strategic role
- The impact of the economic crisis
- Going beyond cost savings
- How to build procurement’s profile internally
- Growing trend towards more centralized models
- Importance of supply chain risk management
- Key role of technology
- Geographical comparisons