Lead Partner, KPMG GRC Technology Services
May 19, 2014
From the Advisory Institute
Organizations must define governance, risk and compliance (GRC) for the modern enterprise. The velocity of change in GRC has increased, and organizations need to find ways to become cost effective to keep up with current and future demands.
GRC functional leaders and CFOs alike should be asking themselves several important questions:
- How should our organization manage this process?
- What should we really expect in terms of ROI from GRC?
- Is there cost hidden in our compliance-related activities?
- What steps can we take to extract ROI from our GRC function?
- Do we need to spend more to save more?
Read this article for key triggers for driving GRC in the post-recession era, including board requirements, regulatory and compliance related triggers, as well as the ability to align risk-based decisions with organizational strategy.