Issues In-Depth 12-3 provides a comprehensive account of the topics discussed at the annual AICPA National Conference on Current SEC and PCAOB Developments on Dec. 3-5.
Representatives of the SEC, PCAOB, FASB, IASB, CAQ and AICPA discussed the critical role that accountants play in capital formation by providing investors with relevant and reliable information that is necessary for market efficiency.
They discussed the most critical accounting and reporting issues affecting SEC registrants and auditors, including:
- Using IFRS in the United States
- Observations and recommendations for preparers related to providing transparent disclosures
- The SEC’s filing review process
- Reporting observations identified during reviews of registrants’ filings
- Internal control over financial reporting
- Audit quality and the role of the audit committee
- Priorities of accounting and auditing standard setters