SEC Reporting Matters Discussed at March 2016 Center for Audit Quality SEC Regulations Committee Meeting
Jun 06, 2016
From the Financial Reporting Network
The Center for Audit Quality (CAQ) SEC Regulations Committee recently released the highlights of its March 21, 2016 meeting with the SEC staff at which the Committee discussed reporting matters including:
- Transition Questions Related to the New Leasing Standard;
- FAST Act Filing Accommodations;
- Conflict Minerals;
- Financial Reporting Manual (FRM) Updates;
- Disclosure Effectiveness Update;
- Non-GAAP Measures;
- Supplemental Pro Forma MD&A in Connection with the New Revenue Recognition Standard (ASC 606); and
- The Applicability of General Instruction II.C of Form S-1 or General Instruction II.E of Form F-1 to Pro Forma Financial Information.
The CAQ SEC Regulations Committee meets periodically with the SEC staff to discuss emerging technical accounting and reporting issues related to SEC rules and regulations. The discussions at meetings do not represent an official position or statement of the views of the AICPA, the CAQ, or the SEC.