KPMG Major Projects Advisory Leadership Series - Project Organization & Establishing a Program Management Office
Sep 14, 2012
From the Global Energy Institute
This paper explores key concepts to consider when organizing and staffing a program or major project, as well as key considerations for establishing a program or project management office (PMO).
At the end of this paper we hope you will have a better understanding of how to address the following challenges:
- Do we have the right number and type of resources for the project?
- How do we effectively structure our organization to manage large projects?
- Do we have the required internal capabilities and capacity to develop the project?
- How will we manage/leverage resources from various resources?
- Are all the key roles and responsibilities known and documented?
- Should we establish a PMO? If so, what skills do we need?
- How should we organize our PMO?
- Should our PMO be responsible solely for managing the project control infrastructure or should it actively manage all of our major projects?