Apr 30, 2015
From the Government Institute
Over the past year, we’ve had many conversations with boards and senior management at not-for-profit organizations around the country. While financial matters still remain at the top of the agenda, audit committees are increasingly being called upon to oversee other kinds of risk.
Drawing on the insights gleaned from these meetings, we have created a new publication, On the 2015 Not-for-Profit Audit Committee Agenda.
This document outlines topics that have recently garnered the attention and time of audit committees. They include:
- Financial Reporting, Internal Controls and External/Internal Auditors
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- Conflict of Interest/Related Party Transactions
- The Overhead Myth and Reporting on Impact
In addition to outlining the key challenges related to these topics, the publication also offers suggestions about the steps audit committee members can take to address these issues.