Jan 21, 2015
From the Healthcare & Life Sciences Institute
Medicare Advantage may help health plans transition from “volume to value”
The hypothesis that Medicare Advantage could be an important driver in the evolving value-based healthcare system led KPMG to work with Strategic Health Perspectives to initiate the Medicare Advantage Strategies Study. This paper:-
- Provides an overview of Medicare Advantage growth and retention rates.
- Examines the consumer behaviors that health plans should consider as they structure and market Medicare Advantage plans.
- Looks at how health plans can work with pharmaceutical companies to influence consumer pharmacy preferences and drive enrollment in Medicare Advantage.
- Highlights advantages health plans can communicate to providers who join Medicare Advantage networks.
- Gives an overview of how health plans currently view Medicare Advantage in relation to their long-term growth plans.
- Provide insight into how companies can work with KPMG to plan and execute business transformation strategies that include Medicare Advantage as a means of controlling costs and raising quality.