Dec 10, 2013
From the Shared Services and Outsourcing Institute
The changes taking place in business services operating models and effective sourcing strategies are coming to represent the most significant and impactful value creators since the wave of services globalization began.
In late 2013, KPMG and HfS Research completed one of the largest and most comprehensive studies ever conducted on Global Business Services (GBS). We asked more than 400 enterprises across a cross-section of regions and industries about their GBS activities, priorities, drivers, constraints and plans.
Our observations were enlightening about the priorities and urgency of this move, but raised many more questions about readiness and capacity of many companies to manage such significant change.
This extensive and data-rich report on the survey results includes:
- An exploration of the newest global operating models to enable new technologies, capture the value from data and analytics, empower the business and simplify the extended enterprise
- Leading practices for planning and implementing global business services
- Process and industry trends
- Progress toward achieving global business services
- Desired business outcomes
- Operating maturity and readiness
- Actions needed to drive success
- The future role of analytics and data governance