Feb 05, 2016
From the Tax Governance Institute
Issue Spotlight – Align strategy and skills for transformation success
In this CTO Insights-Issue Spotlight, KPMG LLP (KPMG) explores the hot topic of tax transformation. As tax departments seek to leverage technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness, why do some transformation projects achieve the expected results while others fall short? Read on to discover why a clear and objective strategy, combined with the right staff and roles, are so critical to transformation success.
- More complete and accurate tax data
- Less rework and last-minute corrections
- More automated and consistently executed processes
- Faster, more nimble, and more nuanced analysis
- Increased time for strategic tax planning
- How to gain the support of business leadership for technology investments
- How to work effectively with Information Technology (IT) to ensure platforms integrate seamlessly with organizational ERP systems
- How to stay on top of new technologies and trends in tax
- Upon what criteria to evaluate tools and systems
- What processes will need to change as technologies are upgraded or implemented.
More on the CTO Insights thought leadership series
KPMG’s CTO Insights is designed to highlight top-of-mind issues for tax executives and ways CTOs are addressing these opportunities and challenges. We are confident that you will find the information in each issue of CTO Insights practical and actionable in demonstrating the value you and your department bring to your organization.