United States

U.S. Taxation of Americans Abroad

Dec 06, 2017
From the KPMG TaxWatch

If you are a citizen or resident of the United States who lives or works abroad, this publication is designed to help you understand your U.S. income tax obligations.

Your tax situation may be especially challenging in the year that you move to or from the United States, and it is generally advisable to seek tax advice in both the U.S. and your host country before you move, if possible, thereby helping to prevent tax "surprises' in either county.

United States tax law is continually changing. This booklet reflects U.S. income tax law as it applies to taxable years ending on or before December 31, 2017, and is current as of November 30, 2017. At the time of this publication, the U.S. Congress had taken up consideration of significant revisions to the tax law that could have an impact on your tax obligations and the way your tax are calculated in tax year 2018.

Click here to read more.


More on Global Mobility

For additional news and updates visit our Insights on Global Mobility website.

To learn about our services viist our Global Mobility Services website. Here you will find descriptions on services to meet your global mobility needs. These include:

You may also download our services brochure .