From the Advice Worth Keeping podcast series
Hosted by Stan Lepeak, global research director
KPMG LLP Management Consulting
The pace of business is increasing and more companies depend on a growing number of new and disruptive technologies to support their mission and maintain competitive advantage.
Mitch Kenfield, managing director of KPMG LLP's CIO Advisory practice, explains how CIOs must respond quickly to evolving markets, think in terms of revenue objectives and truly run IT as a business.
Listeners will gain an understanding of:
- The key business drivers that are demanding change within the IT organization
- Why the CIO must act as a "CEO for the IT organization," and how that translates to five key pillars for the CIO agenda
- The new CIO skills, both technology and business-related, required to be an effective “CEO of IT"
- How a CIO can proactively help the organization become more competitive and better at executing strategic business initiatives
- How CIOs deal with risk challenges such as security, data integrity and privacy, regulatory compliance, etc.
- How an approach of “technology business enablement” can enable holistic management of the IT organization so that value is fully added to the end-to-end business
Duration: Less than 18 minutes
Activate the recording with the play button over the image at left.
This podcast is based on the KPMG Insight article Running the Business of IT.
For more Advice Worth Keeping, view the full list of podcasts and visit the Advice Worth Keeping blog.
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via RSS