From the Advice Worth Keeping podcast series
This episode hosted by Steve Bates, principal,
KPMG LLP Advisory Services
Lance Warner, the technology business management (TBM) architect at First American Financial Corporation, shares the company's journey from legacy spreadsheet-based models to collaboration with the business units and running IT like a business.
Listeners will gain an understanding of:
- The original driver that started the company's investment in technology business management
- Why IT transparency to the business was not enough
- The critical structure that allowed the transition from spreadsheet-based models to TBM
- Why you can immediately benefit from initiating TBM, with very limited investment, and despite protests such as "the data isn't ready" or "services aren't mature enough"
- How fact-based conversations remove emotions associated with data and ultimately lead to deeper questions, richer insights and better investments
Duration: Less than 12 minutes
Activate the recording with the play button over the image at left
or download the audio file to use your device's media player.
For a greater understanding of TBM read Moving Information Technology From a Cost to an Investment.
For more Advice Worth Keeping, view the full list of podcasts and visit the Advice Worth Keeping blog.
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via RSS