From the Advice Worth Keeping podcast series
Hosted by Stan Lepeak, Global Research Director,
KPMG LLP Management Consulting
Cloud computing offers the promise of infinite capacity, on-demand availability, increased agility, and improved cost efficiency. However, for the underprepared, the promise is not always delivered.
Paul Fritz and Augustus Oakes, both from KPMG’s CIO Advisory practice, help you understand the various cloud models, outlining the implications and challenges of each.
Listeners will gain an understanding of:
- How to determine which cloud model is most appropriate for your organizational needs: 1) software-as-a service; 2) infrastructure-as-a-service; and 3) platform-as-a-service
- Beyond speed and cost, the other key factors driving cloud adoption and expansion – and why reality doesn’t always match expectations
- The implications of moving IT from a traditional model that supports the business to one of a broker/advisor to the business
- The functional, tactical, and financial consequences of off-premise, hosted solutions
- How to best get cross functional alignment– across IT, Finance, Legal, Security, Risk, Sourcing and the business units –to the betterment of the entire organization
Duration: less than 17 minutes.
Activate the recording with the play button over the image.
Read this client story and learn how KPMG helped a FORTUNE 500 consumer products company create a hybrid cloud and managed services deal.
More on cloud on this website.
For more Advice Worth Keeping, view the full list of podcasts and visit the Reality Check blog.
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via RSS