Nov 22, 2016
From the Shared Services and Outsourcing Institute
Consumer-packaged goods (CPG) companies and retailers must reinvent their business models to become more flexible, adaptable, as well as more cost-effective.
At a time when profit margins are under pressure, CPGs and retailers are facing significant shifts in consumer buying habits and CPG companies and retailers are seeking ways to transform their operations.
A key component in this overall business model transformation is the creation and evolution of global business services (GBS) organizations that bundle transactional and expertise-based services across the spectrum of back and middle-office processes to create an agile platform for efficiency and effectiveness.
Read the paper to discover:
- The benefits of a GBS organization
- Five stages of GBS maturty
- The alternate paths towards GBS success
- Adding value with data & analytics and cognitive automation
- Lessons to help mitigate the risks and maximize the opportunities