From the Advice Worth Keeping podcast series
Hosted by Stan Lepeak, Global Research Director,
KPMG LLP Management Consulting
Firms have an expectation that they will be able to leverage their outsourcing and global business services investments -- beyond cost reduction -- to deliver value in the form of knowledge to support key decisions.
Cliff Justice, a principal in KPMG’s Innovation & Enterprise Solutions team, explains how social, mobility, analytics and cloud are providing context back to the business to help advance in a market, in a service or in operational cost reduction.
Listeners will gain an understanding of:
- How traditional outsourcing models are changing from purely cost structures to business-outcome based strategic partnerships
- How structured data from large databases of accounting, customer and HR systems are being combined with unstructured data from video, voice and social media to provide insights into the marketplace
- How outsourcing partners can provide the analytical expertise that may not be resident in-house to make sense of the overwhelming data that’s available to the business
- Why accessing more value-added work from a service provider, such as analytics capabilities, may require different contractual provisions
- How service providers with specific industry capabilities that help their clients address the priorities, pressures and constraints of those industries are changing the provider selection process and shifting the provider competitive landscape
Duration: Less than 14 minutes
Activate the recording with the play button over the image.
For more Advice Worth Keeping, view the full list of podcasts and visit the Reality Check blog.
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via RSS